Matthew’s aim through his private company, King’s Creations is to advance causes in ways that are effective, conscientious, and innovative by conducting empirical research and offering creative, evidence-based strategic advice to support your goals.
He researches and creates radically different, and innovative approaches to individual, organizational, social, and environmental challenges by working with leaders in private, government, and non-profit sectors, as well as entrepreneurs and philanthropists.
Highly educated, innovative, creative, and emotionally engaged, Matthew conducts real-time problem-solving using higher-order critical thinking skills. His work leads to creative insights and substantive strategies for clients who want to make a positive impact for the benefit of people, planet, and peace.
He has produced several publications, conducted research, and developed strategies for private clients on a range of topics including, but not limited to:
- Environmental Governance and Peacebuilding in Post-Conflict Central America: Lessons from the Central American Commission for Environment and Development (Governance, Natural Resources, and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding (Paperback) Editors: Carl Bruch, Carroll Muffett, and Sandra S. Nichols (2016)
- Impact Accelerators Strategic Options for Development and Implementation (2015 Report)
- A Strategic Approach to Corporate Engagement in Violent Conflict Zones in Honduras (Cure Violence Private Report 2015)
- Should Biodiversity Offsets Help Finance Underfunded Protected Areas?, Journal of Biological Conservation: Volume 191, pp. 819–826, Oct 2015
- Strategic Market-Based Approaches to Coral Reef Ecosystem Conservation (Khalid bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation Private Report 2014)
- Governing for Sustainability: Understanding Governance 2014 World Watch Institute -State of the World: (Washington, DC: Island Press, 2014)
- Can Networked Governance Help? Apr 2014 publication description World Watch Institute – State of the World: Governing for Sustainability (Washington, DC: Island Press, 2014), pp. 36–37.
- Global Chorus: A 365-Person Anthology of Worldwide Concern and Enduring Hope 2014 (Book Contributor)
- Yoga, Global Sustainability and Personal Transformation Jun 6, 2014 Mantra Yoga + Health Magazine
- Food Security and Population Growth, One Earth Future Foundation Report (2013)
- Residential Fellowship Program Development, One Earth Future Foundation Report (2013)
- Addressing Corruption in Development, One Earth Future Foundation Report (2013)
- Solving the Globalization Paradox, One Earth Future Foundation Report (2013)
- Evolutionary Theories of Governance, One Earth Future Foundation Report (2013)
- Political Ecology of Mangroves in Southern Honduras: the emergence and evolution of environmental conflict in the Gulf of Fonseca 1973-2006 (VDM Verlag 2009)
- Sea Grant in Latin America: Adapting the US Sea Grant model of linked applied research, extension, and education to a Latin American Context—Is there a fit? May 2007 publication description Elsevier Publishing – Marine Policy Journal
- Sea Grant International: Final Report to the Department of State, Oceans Environmental and International Scientific Affairs Initiative Grant July 2004
- Sea Grant Internacional: Informe Final al Departamento del Estado Océanos e Iniciativa Ambiental y Científica Internacional de Los Asuntos July 2004
- A Network of Centers for the Governance of Coastal Ecosystems: The Establishment of Long-Term University-Based Marine and Coastal Resource Programs in Latin America and the Caribbean March 2004
- An Assessment of the Sea Grant Program Model of Extension, Education, and Applied Research in the Marine and Coastal Environment, A Revision of International Experience and Opportunities March 2004
- Integrating Education, Applied Research, and Extension; A Justification for Pilot Projects in the Gulf of Fonseca and Coastal Ecuador March 2004
- Watershed Management. Civil-Security Forces Environmental Cooperation in Central America and the Caribbean Conference Report; pp. 20-23, Belize City, Belize, Center for Strategic Leadership, United States Army War College, Carlyle, Pennsylvania. (2003)
United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) Environmental Law Institute (ELI) University of Tokyo-Armed Conflict and the Environment; IUCN Commission on Environmental Law; IUCN World Parks Congress; United States Southern Command; US Department of State; US Department of Defense; One Earth Future Foundation; Central American Commission on Environment and Development; Conservation International; US Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution; NOAA; Sea Grant College Program; UN Peacebuilding Commission; Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) Armed Conflict and Management Program; US Institute for Peace; Search for Common Ground; University of Illinois; Cure Violence; University of Colorado, Boulder; Living Oceans Foundation; Kinship Foundation; SRA International; World Watch Institute; University of Zamorano, Honduras; United States Army War College; National Defense University; Alex and Ana Bogusky; Fearless Revolution; Sidney and Phyllis Krystal Foundation; Colorado Conservation Summit; George Washington University; COMMON; and McGill University.